Leveraging a Materials Broker:
Partnering with Experts to Access New Markets
Director of Business Development
In this training you will learn:
- Understanding what a materials broker does and does not do
- Easy-wins and hard-to-recycle items in the marketplace today
- When is extra processing and on-site storage necessary
- Hard dollar savings available from a successful broker relationship
- Recommendations for getting started
About Alan Schumacher
Alan is director of business development for Quincy Recycle Paper and current president of the Iowa Recycling Association. He has many years of expertise in facilities management and marketing of a wide array of commodities related to sustainable business practices, including zero-waste initiatives for multiple locations in the Midwest.
Alan was the past plant manager for City Carton’s flagship MRF (material recycling facility) in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and past manager for the state of Iowa’s largest redemption complex.