Sharing Best Practices
Learning Waste Reduction Short-Cuts through Collaboration
In this training you will learn:
- Benefits of a cooperative philosophy and structure
- Multiple avenues for sharing best practices with other companies
- Financial benefits of membership in these peer groups
- Programming and settings effective for sharing best practices
- Examples of waste reduction from ideas learned
About Alicia Simmons
Alicia is the Sustainability Manager for Frontier Co-op, a member-owned cooperative supporting natural living since 1976. They are owned by stores and other organizations that buy and sell their products. Frontier Co-op cares deeply about their effect on the world, and are sincerely committed to helping the communities where their products are produced.
Member purchases benefit struggling families and communities around the world as they do business with the goal of treating everyone fairly and having a positive impact in the world.
This includes pursuing a zero-waste philosophy with innovative waste reduction strategies and membership in multiple organizations for sharing best practices.