Brewery Case Study
Stories from an Early Zero-Waste Pioneer
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
In this training you will learn:
- Keys to becoming the one of the first zero-waste certified companies in the world
- Lessons learned from certifying locations in two different states
- Dozens of examples from reduce, reuse, recycle, and compost and avoided costs
- Important vendor relationships for success
- Recommendation for starting a zero-waste program at your company
About Mandi McKay
Mandi McKay is the Sustainability Manager for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co where she leads the company’s environmental initiatives aimed at building an enduring and resilient company.
With a focus on both operational efficiency and external advocacy, Mandi manages efforts to reduce greenhouse gas impacts within the company’s two breweries as well as across the supply chain including energy and water conservation, renewable energy, zero waste, and alternative transportation. Both of Sierra Nevada’s brewing facilities are certified Platinum Zero Waste and the company has long been recognized as an industry leader in Sustainability.