What About Waste-to-Energy?
The Debate and Analysis of the Risks
In this training you will learn:
- Understanding the debate around waste-to-energy incineration
- Real business risks involved that facility managers should understand
- Latest on GHG, air, water, and ground pollution issues
- Why WTE incineration is different from zero waste
- Newer incineration technology
About Monica Wilson
Monica is GAIA’s Associate Director of their U.S. office. She has worked with GAIA since 2002, and served five years as GAIA’s International Co-Coordinator. Monica serves on the board of the Grassroots Recycling Network, was previously on the board of the Northern California Recycling Association, and is a master composter. In 2012 she was honored to be named by the California Resource Recovery Association as “Recycler of the Year” together with GAIA’s US & Canada Program, for achievement in the field. Monica is based in GAIA’s Berkeley, U.S. office.