TRUE Zero Waste Certification
The Business Benefits of Market Transformation
Director of TRUE Zero Waste Programs
U.S. Green Building Council
In this training you will learn:
- History of TRUE Zero Waste Certification and businesses using the standard
- Multiple sources of value facility managers can realize from achieving certification
- How multiple levels of certification offer a great framework for continuous improvement
- A clear understanding of the certification process: steps, requirements, and timeline
- How to get started on your company’s TRUE Zero Waste journey
About Stephanie Barger
Stephanie has over 25 years of experience in environmental stewardship, employee training, management consulting and business development. She formed the U.S. Zero Waste Business Council in 2012 and helped launch TRUE in 2017.
After receiving her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from San Diego State University, Barger spent 15 years leading the Earth Resource Foundation -- a dynamic high school environmental leadership program awarded a grant to provide training for at-risk youth in zero waste and career development. She was a certified trainer with California Resource Recovery Association (CRRA), where she taught a class on zero waste businesses and helped write and administer a $5 million grant that expanded the CRRA training program to over 500 unemployed and under-employed individuals.
That grant also developed a recycling, resource management and zero waste certificate and associates degree program at three community colleges in Southern California. Barger has worked with several counties and cities on waste policies, and many businesses including: Whole Foods Market, St. Joseph’s Heritage Health Care, Reel Chefs Catering and Kean Coffee.